Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Thunder!

No...I'm not having an AC/DC moment. *grin*

We just had a short rain shower, complete with some rumbling thunder and I believe one flash of lightning! A great belated Halloween present from the Guy upstairs! *smile*

(and very funny, considering I talked about thunder and lightening today in class, but said that it doesn't happen very often in Egypt!)

While typing this, it's turned into a full-on downpour...complete with 8 more pops of lightning (and counting) in about 5 minutes. Dogs are barking and people are waking up to pull their laundry in. I've just gone to battery power, on the off chance that there's a power surge.

I am officially one happy camper! I'm tempted to go out and play in the rain, but a) the streets are dirty and gross and b) with the pollution, the rain gets dirty as it falls *eww*

No comments: