Sunday, October 29, 2006

Interesting people!

I still don't have pictures, but I'm finally getting around to writing a bit more about things last week.

Of course, I did fun stuff...but as usual, my trip came down to people. And I met some great ones!

I went with 2 Mennonite friends from Canada who are living in Egypt and I met them there. It was really fun to have people to travel with. Our plan was to have a double for my friend Ryan and I, then a single for April. However, when we got off the bus, we met a young woman who was staying at our hotel (Penguin Hotel and Dive Center), so she and April ended up sharing the room.

Christine was great fun! She hung out with us quite a bit and quite often became the center of attention at the Penguin restaurant in the evenings. Why? Well...she is a belly-dancer! *laugh* After studying for awhile in Canada, she decided that the next step was to check things out in Turkey and Egypt. This is the end of her time, so she wanted to hit the beach! Lucky us!

On top of that, we also met some teachers from 2 different international schools in Cairo. Fun folks! We were thrown together in a micro-bus to go on a big hiking trip and they definitely kept us laughing! *grin*

Now here's where it gets weird! 2 of them teach at the American International School in Cairo, the same place my bosses' older daughter goes! On top of that, 1 of the guys was from Charlotte, Michigan!

No comments: