Monday, June 09, 2003

After my Arabic tutorial tonight, 2 of my tutor’s former students were at her apartment. They met each other here, went back to the states, and just got married. So this is their Honeymoon!

The guy (Ethan) is chatting along about how he’s a college professor. I asked “where?”.

His answers? “Spring Arbor University”.

Okay, if it had been Albion, I would have been really scared, but 20 miles down the road is close enough!!! How does this keep happening to me?

He teaches Middle East studies, especially relating to the Israel/Palestine conflict. Apparently he’s very much on the Palestinian side of things and ruffles lots of feathers at the conservative Christian Spring Arbor University.

I must say, he was surprised when I knew where it was and said that several of my friends had graduated from there!!

*laugh*

No comments: