Monday, November 06, 2006

TV and Internet

Lately, I've been spending a fair bit of time on the Internet (as you may have noticed from the number of posts here in the Blog).

Well...as I hammer away on my laptop, the TV is usually on. Sometimes it's on Arabic music videos and other times on a channel with English-language movies. The connection I have is a split cable connection from my landlord. So, I'm somewhat at his mercy as to what channels I get.

Last night, he changed the channel and I ended up with The Family Stone. Quite enjoyable -- good, dry humor. Diane Keaton was the biggest surprise. She's funny! Sarah Jessica Parker was cast as a stuck-up professional, a part she seems suited for...but she was just all wrong. I'd say she was the weakest link, followed closely by Craig T. Nelson.

This afternoon after lunch, I flipped on the TV and it was a Pay-Per-View wrestling event from the WWE. The program was CyberSunday and I presumed that it was from awhile ago, but apparently it was on live here last night and now they're showing replays.

I only watched 1 match and it was a Tag Team Championship Match with Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ric Flair teamed up against some young hotshots. Any guesses on who won?

I didn't actually care who won -- I was just really, really amused to see these 2 flabby old guys running around out in the ring! Plus, the announcers kept joking about how Piper looked as if he had been out partying all Saturday night and that if Piper/Flair won, it would be a huge celebration all that night.

I'll give you a hint on the winners:

Woooooo!!!!

No comments: