Thursday, November 09, 2006

Friends on Friday

I have 2 American friends from Cairo (Amber and Ben) coming to visit on Friday, so I'm trying to get my apartment around. It's clean, so mostly I'm just trying to pick things up and get things looking nice.

Thankfully, the the weather has gotten a bit warmer today. We're planning to go out to a farm in a village outside Tanta for the day. Amber and Ben are coming on a 6am train, so I'm betting they'll be tired at the end of the day -- that means an early dinner and early bedtime.

They'll stay with me Friday night and then go back to Cairo Saturday morning. Then just a few hours after that, James and Linda are coming to Tanta for my going-away party.

Hmmmm....I guess I should prepare some things to say. *sigh*

I hate goodbyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Enjoy your going away party - you deserve it. Let others be happy for you, and take it as a compliment that they want to party for/with you. Michigan is waiting for you to come home.

Anonymous said...

When I first read this, I thought it was way too soon for a good-bye party. Then I realized you're coming back in just over a month! Where'd the time go?

Good-byes are not easy, but they can be heart-warming at the same time. So many of my friends from Ohio made sure I got great farewells, taking me out, sending me off with gifts, and just spending time with me even though they were all very busy themselves. It meant a lot.