Thursday, September 21, 2006

More observations about myself and Egypt

It's really nice having a juice shop in my neighborhood. That was the one major drawback of where I used to live. Today, I had a "cocktail" (that's even what they call it in Arabic). Essentially, chunks of banana, apple, pear, melon, and fresh date in a tall glass, mixed with juice, and topped with whipped creme.

Yummy! I've been a bit scared to get these at other places in the past b/c they sit around awhile. But these looked fresh.

The only bad thing is that I don't like fresh dates. I've been trying to like them, but I can't do it. The texture is nice, flavor is OK, but that mouth-drying element and the after-taste are...yuck!

Live and learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You like my date pinwheel cookies. But of course, the dates are cooked with nuts, sugar, etc. Your fruit drinks sound yummy. Bring one home for me.

mom