Thursday, September 21, 2006

An extra hour, an extra week

So, here's something for the "I didn't know they could do that" category.

Normally, Egypt does the "fall back" time change the last Thursday in September. That would be one week from today. However, because Ramadan starts this Sunday (we think), the government has decided to have the time change tonight. *laugh*

For me, that's really good b/c Friday morning at 7am, I have to meet up with a bunch of friends from Tanta to hop on a bus for a day of fun at a big amusement park, Dream Park. This will be my first time to go and it sounds like a great place! If nothing else, the price is right! It's 40 Egyptian Pounds (less than $8) for the bus to/from Cairo and the ticket into the park!

I just looked through the website and it looks like a small place, which will let us save our energy for screaming! There are also water rides, so I think I'd better take my bathing suit and a towel plus some dry clothes to keep on the bus. My DSL connection is paying off now, for sure!!!! *smile*

No comments: