Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Last (long) post until Saturday

I can't believe I wrote “at the morning” instead of “in the morning”. It's a problem for Egyptians to confuse prepositions and I guess I'm doing it now, too! Time to start proofreading what I write before sending/posting!

...and the sad thing is, I can't blame it on lack of sleep!

Now, anything that I do today I can blame on that! After watching the Germany/Italy match last night with the home team losing, *sigh* I watched a movie at my friend Michael's house. Then after I came home, I couldn't sleep so I was awake until about 7am.

No problem, I'll sleep for a couple of hours, get up for a few hours, then take a short nap before class.

Um...that didn't happen.

At 10.45am, my mobile rang. It was Fady from downstairs, calling to say that the cleaning woman was here and ready to clean the apartment I'm staying in. So...I got things around and went upstairs to hang out with Fady and to have some time on the computer. I'm pretty sure that even a short nap is going to be impossible, so I may need to depend on a jolt of caffeine from Turkish coffee to get me through my classes this afternoon from 4.30 – 8.30.

After my classes, I want to watch the France/Portugal match and it won't finish until about midnight. I think that will be a struggle. I hope it's an exciting match to keep me awake!

Thursday morning, I'm planning to be on a 7.45am train leaving Tanta. If I get a decent amount of sleep tonight and then another hour on the train, I should be alright.

Just one new pic today, but check on Flickr to make sure you've looked at all my newest ones.

Here are some links about Egypt and Israel/Palestine (3 from BBC, #4 from MCC):

1) Egypt street mothers find refuge

2) Egyptians sue new church leader

3) Man-on-the-street Comments from an Israeli man about the kidnapping of the soldier and governmental/military response:

(I link to this not so much for the man's ideas, but for the background of the picture -- I was in this spot in Jerusalem a few weeks ago -- it's very near where I stayed for several nights)

4) Cooking-oil Powered Car goes Coast-to-Coast for free


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy checking the links you have included. I remember seeing all the kids around Cairo, but didn't think about them being street kids. I love the shelter idea, they probably could use lots more places for the kids to readjust and get settled. The Coptic Church link is interesting, I recently saw a pic of a bishop from Cairo in MCC literature, need to check his name, maybe he was the one who was so gracious when we visited.

Levi Soltis uses used cooking oil for his truck. So I guess the idea is not all that new.

Mom