Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I’m so far behind! It’s been a week since I made a proper entry in here, with details and everything… Terrible!

I’ve already written a bit about my trip to the pyramids last week, but here’s some more about that. I had no idea what I wanted to do there, other than “see them”, so I just went and did whatever struck me. Of course, I got pestered by guys wanting to do horse rides, so I went with one.

It was alright, but it took me a long time to get the feel of the horse. My guide also took great humor in making the horse go faster than I really wanted to go! *laugh* This included the time that we were going along at a good gallop and I fell off the horse! *laugh* Fortunately, I managed to miss all the rocks that were around me and just land on the sand!

We didn’t get right down on the pyramids plateau, so that will be a future trip. Instead, we went along the edges, to some of the smaller pyramids, and got a decent view of the Sphinx.

I was sore! After all the riding, my butt was sore for days!

But no rest for me. It was an early morning on Friday, as Darren had made plans to go with some Sudanese friends to the Burkesh Camel Market. Thousands of camels bought and sold, several days each week. Friday is one of the main days, so things were busy. It took awhile to get there and several busses, but we made it. *grin* The Sudanese guys were named Iha and Amel. Two of Amel’s uncles are camel merchants, so we went to see them while we were there. They let us touch the camels, get lots of pictures, and all that fun “tourist” stuff, without really having to be a tourist!

Here’s a bunch of recent pictures:

Username: jpics
Password: easy

pics of Alex at:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290375505

and the Pyramids:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290375445

...and I haven't even sent out the mass email yet for:

Camel market pics:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290365449

It’s late now, but Thursday will be a quiet day. That means I might have time for more journal writing.

I still need to write about the party on Monday, my “small world” story, and my visit to Tanta! So much to say!!!!



No comments: