Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Surgery = Friday, April 19th "in the morning".

Unfortunately, I won't know until Thursday what time the surgery will actually take place, what time I need to be there to check in, etc.

My doctor had been talking with me all along about having me stay the night after the surgery but now it appears that we are doing it out-patient. Just 5-6 hours from check-in to check-out time!

As one of my last "I'm still feeling good events", I'm going to a Creedence Clearwater Revisited concert on Thursday night at the Palace. Yes, for those of you keeping score, that name is "Revisited" while the original band was called Creedence Clearwater Revival. Why the difference? Well, of the 5 people in this band only 2 are still around from the original CCR. Doug "Cosmo" Clifford (drums) and Stu Cook (bass) brought in 3 other guys to fill in for John Fogerty and Tom Fogerty. Yes, that's 3 people filling the spots of 2 and they still can't quite do it! *laugh*

More about the original CCR can be found on this page...

I just have to make sure that I don't eat or drink anything after midnight that night!! That's one of the requirements for having the anesthesia for the surgery.

While doing a google search for my cranial facial surgeon (Dr. Jefrey Fishman), I only come up with 2 results. Is that a bad sign? One is saying that he is a faculty member in a plastic surgery program. That's good. The other tells me that he is a bit of a car enthusiast and really likes his '96 Chevy Impala SS. *smirk*

Imagine his surprise when I mention that one to him!

This is good homework though because after my surgery, I'm going to talk with Dr. Fishman about setting up a website for him. It's what I do every day and I've never really gotten very active in doing independent projects so this seems like the perfect time! I'm still looking for the things I am supposed to learn/change from this experience and I think maybe that is one of them!

More later (maybe).

No comments: