Monday, October 09, 2006

Tastes like Cola?

Last night after class, I went off in search of dinner. Fortunately, I discovered last week that one of my local places is still offering sandwiches with meat during Ramadan. B/c of the huge amount of people eat at home in Ramadan, most places drop those items from their menu for the month, or close completely.

But this place still had them and they also had good rice pudding for dessert. *yum* While waiting for my meal, I ordered something to drink. I've taken to asking what flavors they have b/c in Egypt it's fairly common for items to change from one day/week to the next.

I said "drink" but it's actually "smoke" to explain it properly. In Arabic, you "drink" sheesha (also know as Hubbly-Bubbly or Nargeela elsewhere)!

Anyway, the typical flavors are:

Apple
Cherry
Orange

and sometimes this place offers:

Banana
Mint
Peach

But they added "cola" to the list, so I had to try it! The flavor was fairly subtle and it was mild. Some of the others can be harsh, so this was OK. It's probably not a choice I'll make again, but it was alright.

No comments: