Sunday, October 08, 2006

One bag of stuff

A week or so ago, my boss James came to Tanta. He drove, so I took the opportunity to send some things back to Cairo with him. I had him take back my big suitcase, half-filled with things I won't need for the next few months, souvenirs, etc.

I'm hoping that with this already in Cairo and with me making a few weekend trips to Cairo in November, I'll be able to get everything there without needing to have a car load driven in from Tanta. I think I'll be able to do it!

So, on Friday when I was in Cairo, I added more things to the bag that I've been storing at the apartment I stay in. The bag is full! *laugh* No surprise there! Now the next time I'm in Cairo, I need to weigh the bag to see how much it weighs. I'm a little worried about that, but I should be able to shift some books to my big backpack to balance things out if necessary. I just want to get a general idea of where I'm at with weight. Currently, 23kg (about 50 pounds) is the max allowed per bag.

Hopefully, next weekend I'll hear more about my flight reservation.

No comments: