Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Big news -- I'm buying a car!

That's my exciting news for the day! And no, it's _not_ in Egypt! That would go against "the rules" and would also be completely unnecessary!

Nope...this car is in Michigan. Currently, it's somewhere in "northern Michigan" but I'm not sure exactly where. It doesn't matter really, b/c it'll be making its way south in a couple of weeks and shortly thereafter, my mom will do some paperwork to make it "mine".

I guess I shouldn't "count my chickens before they're hatched", but it's pretty well a done deal. The current owner and I seem to have come to an agreement and once he sends his address, then I'll be able to get him a deposit.

What kind of car is it? Well...I think I'll keep that a secret right now and be a bit playful. Maybe you'll just have to see me in person once I'm back in the US to find out!

Actually, let's try another little game to see if people will write comments!

What kinds of cars can you picture me driving? What kinds of cars would _not_ be right for me? To help you, my 2 previous vehicles were:

1993 Chevy Lumina, Electric Blue (former Albion Admissions car) that I owned from 1997-2002
1987 Chrysler LeBaron, Tan that I drove in high school, while at Albion, and until it blew up in the fast lane of I-94 on the way to a job interview in Kalamazoo

7 comments:

David said...

You know, I used to work for an auto company, and one day, one of the marketing guys, in reference to the big 'luxury' line we made, said'we never get a repeat buy, because they all die too soon'. He was referring to the fact that the cars appealed only to fairly old people. Do you see where I'm going with this, in reference to the first two cars you owned?

:-)

Of course, I'm one to talk, having driven a white, four door compact for the past decade....

So, to guess - the new car will be a Saab.

Anonymous said...

I'd say a Volkswagen, then. Grey, maybe Navy.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

New car = Volvo?

A car you wouldn't drive: Hummer! ^_^

- Mara

Michael K said...

I'll guess a early 1990's Volvo 760T.

MFK

Anonymous said...

But Mara, what if the Hummer ran on waste vegetable oil? ;>

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I could see you in a Saturn three-door coupe. :)

Anonymous said...

wow - who else had a car blow up on 94? I think it would be a Jeep, a toledo built jeep! :)