Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sewing up a Storm!

Yeah, that'd be me...sewing.

Never let it be said that there's no practical value to high school! I learned how to type and how to sew. The typing I do a lot (like now, for example), but I don't do much sewing.

However, this month it's been necessary.

My Master Plan (TM) to have clothing that I brought with me to Egypt wear out so that I don't want to bring it back to the U.S. is working. In fact, it's working _too_ well and things are wearing out now, when I still want to use them for a few months!!!!

This happened last month when I was in Alexandria with my friends. Rip!! ...and there's a tear at the knee... Thankfully, I had a needle and thread in my Dopp bag (yes, I was a Boy Scout), so I took care of that little problem.

Since that time, I've discovered 2 other tears in pants I'd like to keep wearing. So...I canibalized a T-shirt that is wearing out to make some patches. 1 pair is finished and the other I'll do this week. Maybe I'll even post pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, you can do all...the mending when you get home :)

You are such a practical person, I love you

Mom