Monday, July 10, 2006

Dental Care and the Environment

Yeah, yeah...I'm writing about the environment again! You better get used to it!

Recently at a grocery store in Tanta, I discovered 2 different types of toothbrushes with replacable heads. What a great idea! Why did it never occur to me before? One was from a German company called Fuchs and the other was from an Italian company called Silver Care. (unfortunately, the store didn't sell the replacement heads...but I'll look in Cairo)

With a bit of searching, I found an American company with similar products with an environmentally-friendly touch: Eco-Dent

You buy the toothbrush with 1 head and then buy replacements in packages of 3. Can anyone give me reasons _not_ to stop using whatever toothbrush you're using now and buy these???

I also found an interesting bit of student writing on this topic, from a student organization at Lewis and Clark College.

No comments: