Wednesday, May 14, 2003

So many changes in the week since I last wrote a good journal entry…

I still need to catch up by telling stories from last weekend at the MCC Retreat, but that will wait until I get the pictures uploaded.

Last night, Darren (my roommate these past 3 months) flew home to Canada. *sniff* I’ll miss him, but I better not write too much about that, since he might be reading this! *laugh*

We had a really nice going-away party for him on Monday night, here at our place. Lots of the Sudanese teacher/volunteers from St. Andrews came, along with the Presbyterian volunteers we know, and even my friend Khaleem who I met at my Arabic class that I took when I first got here! Lots and lots of yummy food – people really brought lots of things!

So Tuesday was Darren’s last day in town so we planned to have one last big lunch. So we went to Chili’s! *laugh* Yeah, like you’d see in the U.S. – in fact, it was like they took one apart in the U.S. and shipped it over here. They’re just like the ones you can go to there! Kinda weird, but worth it to have Coke with Cherry syrup in it! And they give free refills! (that’s a rare thing here!)

After that, I spent a few hours working on my lesson with one of my classmates and then finally made it back home around 9pm. Darren finished packing and watched South Park while I worked on my lesson but at 1am I stopped so that we could play our last few games of Scrabble together before Craig picked him up at 1:30.

He should be back in Canada by now, I think. Hopefully Darren made it safely…

Today was my last day of my teaching course, so I’m DONE!!!!!!!! On Sunday or Monday, I’ll see my “provisional grade” and in about 8 weeks, I’ll get my certificate to show that I completed the certification. It was a long course and really difficult at times, but tremendously useful! I’ve learned so much.

Well, I need to catch up on some emails I’ve been ignoring for the past week and upload some pictures!




No comments: