Friday, May 16, 2003

Based on David’s recommendation, I’m currently downloading the mp3 of Ani Difranco’s song/poem “self-evident” which discusses September 11 and the current U.S. political situation. The lyrics are really interesting…

It’s downloading slowly over the phoneline, of course. But I am now hoping for a faster connection at some point soon. How? Well, every time I walk past the computer stores down the street, I look in the window to see what their newest items are.

Well, on Thursday I noticed that they now carry D-Link wireless networking cards for laptops and wireless access points (sorry for all the tech-talk). So, I’m hunting around my neighborhood to see if anyone has a DSL connection with a wireless network set up. I thought the store selling the cards might, so I carried my laptop up there last night, but it couldn’t pick up a signal. Unless they turn things off at night. I need to check during the day and also try the area around the internet café in our neighborhood too.

Unfortunately, Netstumbler only has a map for the U.S. and no site I can find by searching has any info about Cairo...

Tonight I watched WWE wrestling on TV. I’m so ashamed. It was an accident, I promise. *grin* I was sitting at my favorite coffee place, playing backgammon, drinking Tang, and watching music videos when all of a sudden they switched it to cheesy wrestling. Silly! *laugh*

No comments: