Sunday, April 06, 2003

Today, my big quest is to find black shoelaces. In my favorite pair of dress shoes, the laces have worn out. My guess is that I can buy them at a shoe store, but we’ll see in a couple of hours if that guess is correct.

Another nice day. One thing about the air being so dry is that laundry doesn’t stay wet for very long, once it’s hung up!

I met up with some of my classmates this afternoon to discuss our teaching. I’ve finished my assignment for Monday and I need to write up my lesson plans after church.

Darren hasn’t been feeling very well the past day or so. He thinks it’s slight heat stroke and dehydration. He’s been resting a lot today and I’ve been trying to look in on him every once in awhile.

The speculation is that the young Presbyterian volunteers who were sent to Cyprus for 2 weeks will stay for _another_ 2 weeks. Silly! It’s so safe here, so we can’t figure out what their program can possibly be thinking…

Last night, I saw on the news about demonstrations in S. Korea and Japan, but there’s been nothing going on in Cairo lately. I guess last week in Alexandria there was a gathering of 30,000 protesters.

Listening to Billy Joel Greatest Hits V2, Disc 1 right now...

No comments: