Sunday, March 23, 2003

In class today, as one of our practice exercises, we were asked the following questions:

What are the best and worst moments of your life? Why are they so memorable?

(pause)

(pause)

It took me a few minutes to really think about this and I should still probably think about it more. I’m pretty sure about the best moment, but I don’t know about the worst one. Is that a good sign.

The worst moment I could think of was when my Grandma Gautsche was at the hospital, dying. So many family members and loved ones were around, but there was so little to say to anyone.

*frown*

But it makes me smile to think about my happiest moment. It’s a fairly recent memory from within the last year.

My happiest moment was when I helped my nephew Justin learn to tie his shoes. At least I think I did. *grin* I was at one of his soccer games and he asked me for help tying his shoe. Turns out, he hadn’t learned yet so I tried to teach him. I don’t know if he remembers or if someone else actually taught him, but that’s a really happy moment in my life.

So it’s time for a bit of feedback. To all those reading this, please email me and share the best and worst moments of your life. (if you’re comfortable sharing, of course)

I did nothing but go to my teaching class today. I was there from 9:30am – 7:15pm. *sigh*

At the very least, I am being presented with a lot of information about teaching. I'm still not sure how much I'm learning, but I do regurgitate a bit of jargon like "communicative" or "Task-Based Learning" every now and then. *laugh* It's prettty good, but some of the days are really long. Tonight, I didn't get back from class until 7:30 (got there at 9:30) and now that I've finished dinner it's almost 8:30. I teach on Monday, so I need to finish up a lesson plan and some materials yet tonight.

No comments: