Wednesday, March 26, 2003

I’m passing!!!!

My teacher-training course, that is. Today was the end of the first two weeks (wow!) and we received our first evaluation. The course is “continuous assessment” so essentially they can be watching us all the time to rate our performance, participation in our learning sessions, etc plus we’ve had 1 written assignment (I got a “pass” on that too), and the teaching sessions we’ve done so far.

So, I’m fairly pleased. The class is tough and people do fail sometimes. They went more in-depth on our evaluation and in some areas I got a “Satisfactory” mark, but on a couple of them, I got “Satisfactory, but needs work”.

Overall, I’m getting a “Pass” grade. The scale goes “Strong Pass”, then “Pass”, down to “Fail”. At this point, I’d say most people are in the “Pass” category with some of the really good folks probably getting a “Strong Pass”.

I rewarded myself with a waffle covered in chocolate syrup and some chocolate ice cream at a pancake restaurant! This is the one near where I have my Arabic tutorial. I finally made it to one tonight, after calling to cancel for the past 2 weeks. It was good to be back! (and have a treat!)

Thursday night, I’ll have another Arabic tutorial, so I have homework to work on during the day. Thankfully, between now and Monday morning, all I need to do for my teaching class is think through my lesson and write out my lesson plan.

I think I’ll be up awhile tonight, since I can sleep in a bit on Thursday morning.

Oh, as an update on the weather, I think that Spring started today. Well, at least it was much warmer today than the last couple of days…

I’m listening to the Fleetwood Mac “Rumours” album right now and I’m going to check on their tour dates/locations online tonight. Supposedly, they’re doing a world tour this summer.

No comments: