Wednesday, June 21, 2006

World Cup, cleaning, teaching, thinking

I've been doing lots of all those things! The current round of matches doesn't fit my schedule very well. I can't see any of the early match and then I have a couple of hours to kill after class until the late match (10pm here). With that said, I was able to watch a great Sweden/England match on Tuesday night and a very exciting Spain/Tunisia match on Monday.

I'll be on a trip to Alexandria with a group of 20-something Egyptians from my church in Tanta from Thurs-Sat, so I probably won't get to see any of the matches. *sigh* But maybe there will be some real football nuts and we'll find somewhere to watch. In any event, it should be a nice trip and hopefully my first of many trips to Alex this summer!

Cleaning: As mentioned previously, I move out of my current apartment at the end of June. (very soon!) So, I've been trying to clean out old papers and junk that I don't need/use and throw them out. I've been taking a bit of time each morning to do that and I think I'm making progress.

To update you, I do have a place to live after leaving this apartment. During the gap between leaving my old place and getting into my new place, I will be staying at a friend's apartment. His parents and sister are in the U.S. for his sister's wedding, so their place is empty. What great timing! My buddy will be there, so it'll be fun. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the furniture during that time. Maybe that's something my current landlord will have to deal with!

Teaching: It's been good to be back in class. We've been doing some new topics and also had Quiz 2 this week. Next week, we will finish this level and have the exam. Then new courses for summer start in July. I don't know my schedule yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Thinking: My future, jobs, the past, my time in Palestine/Israel...all of these things have been on my mind. Ideas are coming together from my trip and I will try to post them soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doing, cleaning, teaching, and thinking. All you need is sleeping and eating, and you're all set!

This is Lisa - I just wanted to check in and say hello. Can't wait to hear more about your impressions of Israel/Palestine. I just joined the Board of a local nonprofit called the Interfaith Council for Peace & Justice, and you can imagine that issue comes up a lot!