Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I learned a valuable lesson this evening…

Don’t buy chocolate bars on a warm day! *laugh*
I wanted a snack after class and I ended up with some really mushy chocolate.

On the topic of food, I’ve had a special request to make Molasses Cookies for Darren’s going-away party on Monday night. So, I’ll be baking again on Thursday morning/early afternoon since I’ll be gone at the MCC retreat from Thursday night – Sunday night.

Our friends Annie and Hashim asked for the cookies, so I’m happy to make them. I just need to do a bit of shopping Thursday morning to get ingredients. Hey, it’ll get me out of bed at a decent hour!!

Teaching went really, really well today. I taught my best lesson in the past 3-4 weeks. The topic was “the language of gossip and rumour”. Yes, thanks to me a group of Egyptians can now say bad things about their neighbors, friends, and co-workers (in English). *grin*

The class really got into the language we were using like “you’ll never guess what I heard”, “promise you won’t tell anyone”, “my lips are sealed”, and “I’m all ears”.

“I’m all ears” was a great one to do. There was a bit of confusion, so I ended up trying to demonstrate having big ears by putting my hands up on either side of my head. That was reasonably effective and we also discussed Dumbo the elephant. So silly!


No comments: