Thursday, May 01, 2003

Happy Liberian Liberation Day!!!
Happy Egyptian Labor Day!!

What?? Aren’t these holidays on _your_ calendar? *smirk*

As is the tradition on labor day, people have the day off. I’ve always thought of that as an odd way to celebrate, but oh well!

I need to find out more about Liberation Liberation Day, but I presume it’s celebrating the overthrow of their previous government. A friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend here is from Liberia, so I guess he’s having a bit of a celebration tonight, so that’s why I know about this…

Arabic tutorial was rough last night. I’m trying to put lots of things together and realizing what I’ve already forgotten, just because I don’t use/practice some vocabulary enough.

Today, I’m working on some MCC paperwork, but this morning I took a bit of time to sit in the sun and start _The Return of the King_.

No comments: