Friday, April 12, 2002

Saw George Clinton and P-Funk last night! What a party! A local band, the Howling Diablos opened for them and they were what I expected. Local rock band trying to look/feel like a national/international rock band. But they were fun!

I'd link to the website for George Clinton but it annoys me so much that I can't do that in good conscience. It's badly-designed, hasn't been updated since at least November and kinda slow... (yes, I'm a website snob) I'd also link to the website for the Howling Diablos but it's pretty outdated, with lots of broken links and images too. I just sent an email, offering to help out and improve the site.

Clinton and P-Funk sure know how to put on a show and now we all know why the tickets were $30+ -- they had over 20 people on stage at various times! Vocalists, back-up singers, guitarists, horn players, and George up there bellowing and conducting the whole thing. Leading the group but also taking the crowd anywhere he wanted.

20 years since Clinton started up his journey on the Mothership, right here in Detroit...

Unfortunately they didn't go on until almost 10:30 and by about 12:30 everyone I was with was exhausted (myself included). I'm sure that the show went on for at least another hour and finished up around 2am.

Fortunately, I was able to sleep in a bit before coming into the office.

No comments: