Monday, September 11, 2006

Comparing Book Collections

One of our new/returning MCC volunteers is a writer and keeps up on book-related topics much better than I do.

So, when he says "I found this really interesting site" (in a way that only Keith can say this sentence", I listen! *smile*

The site he pointed me to is LibraryThing -- basically, you create a list of your books (for personal or public use) and then your list is compared to all the other lists from other people who use the site. Based on similarities, the site tries to predict other books you might like. You can go deeper than this, but that's the short version of what you can do.

Give it a try!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, this (LibraryThing) looks really interesting! I started keeping track of the books Ive read over the last year out of curiousity and something interactive like this might be fun!

Thanks for sharing!
--Misty

Anonymous said...

Hi ... It is nice to found someone like u ,here in tanta , I looking forwad to knowing more about u , i will join the yahoo group.

Anonymous said...

Hi ... It is nice to found someone like u ,here in tanta , I looking forwad to knowing more about u , i will join the yahoo group.