Thursday, August 10, 2006

Flight Information for December

Well...it's better late than never, I suppose.

Last week, my mother told me that my nephew Justin (whose birthday was Wednesday) had asked when I was coming home.

I had hoped to be able to give him that answer on his birthday, but I didn't get the information until today.

Currently, I have 2 different reservations on 2 different airlines (Iberia and KLM)
But at least they're both on the same day!

And that day is...

*drum roll*

Friday, December 15.

The Iberia itinerary:
Depart Cairo 12.25am -- Arrive Madrid 6.35am (7h10m)
Depart Madrid 12noon -- Arrive Chicago 2.25pm (9h25m)
Depart Chicago 4.15pm -- Arrive Toledo 6.12pm (57m)

Total flight time: 17h32m
Layovers: 7h15m

The KLM itinerary:
Depart Cairo 4.20am -- Arrive Amsterdam 8.15am (4h55m)
Depart Amsterdam 10am -- Arrive Detroit 12.55pm (8h55m)
Depart Detroit 3.10pm -- Arrive Toledo 3.40pm (30m)

Total flight time: 14h20m
Layovers: 4h

It seems a bit silly for me to wait in Detroit for 2 hours so that I can take a 30 minute flight to Toledo, but maybe the ticket is cheaper this way. I'll have to check on that.

Comments? Votes? What are _you_ doing that weekend?

If you're going to be in Michigan, Ohio, or Indiana in December...email me to tell me about your plans. When I was in the U.S. last summer, I used a Yahoo calendar to keep track of things and I'll probably do that again. I know the holidays are a busy time for everyone, but I'm open to invitations/suggestions on things to do and places to go (bearing in mind that I'll be unemployed with no source of income).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting to hear your travel plans for coming home. Either flight will work for us, we will be available whenever you want us to be.

Do what is most convenient for you

mom and justin

Andy Brown said...

Hey

Look forward to seeing you again. Sorry I have been out of touch--I have enjoyed reading through this blog and catching up! You need to come over and meet Wade when you come home! Hope you are well...

acb

David said...

Why don't you take the flight via Detroit, and then bail on the last leg? I can pick you up, take you back to A^2, maybe take you to the local superstore and watch you have a massive culture shock moment. It'll be fun! Besides, it seems like I owe you some 'picking up at the airport after a long time abroad', since you've done it for me.

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to help as well. Perhaps it could be a re-creation of a time long long ago (aka 5 years ago) when Erik, Jason, and I picked up David coming back from Japan and schlepped him back to K-Zoo.

Except different.

Lisa