Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Lack of Posts

Sorry for the lack of posts. I'm going to try to start making up for that right now. And look for a long post with links and pics tomorrow (I hope).

To begin, I'd like to say thanks to the people at Gillette for making a can of shaving gel that lasted for 2 ½ years! When my Mom and Kevin came to visit in January 2004, they left behind a can of shaving gel. I just finished that can yesterday! Unbelievable? Well, I used it sparingly and I only shave every other day. Plus, I had a goatee during part of that time, so I was only shaving about ½ of my face. But still, I think that's pretty good!

Also thanks, to Aerosoles shoes for building a durable product that I've been wearing for at least 6 years and can be easily/cheaply repaired in Egypt! I found this great pair of over-the-ankle dress boots on sale in a mall while working near Detroit and they were really comfortable, so I wore them all the time. Of course, I brought them with me to Egypt and they've performed great!


(unfortunately, the website only features Women's shoes, so I wonder if they stopped making products for men. Too bad!) *frown*

But a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that sole on left shoe was starting to pull away from the upper. I knew that was a bad sign, but I decided to wear them until it became a serious problem. Well, that happened while walking around in Cairo recently. *Flop, flop, flop* as half of my sole has detached from the rest of the shoe! Fortunately, I was in a good part of town for getting repairs done, so I asked around for a shoe repair guy and then walked to his place a block away. A mere 15 minutes later and after some gluing and hammering of nails, the shoe was (almost) as good as new! The cost for this service? About $.35 US. *grin*

(yes, I did say 35 cents!)

Speaking of companies and products, I spotted this on a CD-R case today:

Pleomax, a sensible bit of Samsung

What kind of advertising slogan is that for a spin-off company? *laugh* Doesn't that imply that the parent company (Samsung) is _not_ sensible? Seems a bit odd, but perhaps I'm thinking about this too much. Must...be...mindless...consumer...

*smirk*

No comments: