Monday, January 09, 2006

Had a great Christmas-time in Tanta. Coptic Orthodox Christmas, that is! I was around the church both inside and outside on Christmas Eve to see the service and people, then went for dinner at a friend's house.

Christmas day started out for a children's party at the church, then time at the outdoor Tanta Social Club with friends, and then to a cafe' for the evening! Lots going on!

Now I'm in Cairo.

Tuesday starts a Muslim holiday which involves the sacrifice of sheep. I'll try to write more details later. Needless to say, the day of is a very bloody affair. However, days leading up to that can be somewhat amusing!

For example: today, I saw a man putting a sheep into the trunk of his car! The sheep wasn't putting up much of a fight. It wasn't even making any noise! It just tried to stick its head back out and the guy pushed him back in.

Crazy!

Thursday I'm off for about 10 days in Israel. More later!

No comments: