Sunday, June 15, 2003

“Leftover Salad” – is it me, or does that sound like a good name for a punk band?

Well, it’s what I call my concoction that I took to dinner last night. Thanks to Lisa D (congrats on your new house!) and Erik for your suggestions/comments about things to add, but I had to go just with things that I had here.

So, I cooked some torpedo-shaped pasta, chilled it and added sliced up oranges, grapes, and apples. Nice and fresh for a hot day. It went over well with the kids and adults in the group, so I’m happy about that.

Next week, I need to make a “green salad” for a dinner gathering, so it will be experimentation time again!

Dinner was good and there was lots of religion-related conversation. The most interesting discussion was the thoughts of different denominations about sprinkle/pour versus immersion when baptizing people.

Things went until after 9pm, so I didn’t make it to the Opera House. Oh well! I came back here for a bit of reading and chatted with Beth on MSN Messenger.

I want to read a bit this afternoon and then pack up most of my stuff before church so that I can just relax once I get home tonight. We’re loading things up at 9am Monday morning! Which reminds me…I need to make a phone call to make sure that someone will be there to meet us! *laugh*

Here’s a link for you to enjoy (apparently, they didn’t like the religious undertones):

Egyptian censors ban “Matrix Reloaded”

No comments: